Date of issue: February 2021
Who we are?
Alice Media – Independent Freelancer, Hayle, Cornwall
What Personal Information will we collect and why?
When you use our Site or open an account with us (or update your account details), we may collect:
- Personal information, such as your name, address, email address and telephone number. If you contact us, we will also collect your personal information and keep a record of that correspondence. We collect this information for the following reasons:
- To register you as a new customer, set up and manage your account and to communicate with you and in relation to surveys, market research, prize draws and/or competitions. It is necessary for us to collect this information for the performance of a contract with you, comply with a legal obligation and for our legitimate interests: to register your account and manage it, enter you into competitions and/or prizes draws, contact you regarding changes to our Terms or this Policy, contact you in relation to any orders or in response to any of query or complaint from you or in relation to a competition and/or prize draw and improve our services and/or goods. We will store this personal information for up to 36 months.
- To ensure you receive relevant marketing and offers. We may share your data with third party analytics companies to help us. We have a legitimate interest to collect this information: to get to know your preferences and to personalise our offers to you to improve the marketing you receive from us. We will store this personal information for up to 36 months.
- Technical information when you use our Site, such as your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating systems and information about your visit, such as how you use our Site, products you viewed or searched for, where you are accessing our Site from, length of visit and download errors. We collect this information to help us understand how to improve our services and our Site. We have a legitimate interest for this processing: to ensure that our Site is operating effectively and to provide you with a great service. We will store this personal information for up to 36 months.
When might we disclose your personal information to others?
We may disclose your personal information to others in the following circumstances and/or purposes:
- third parties, where we are required to do so by the Courts or to comply with other legal, statutory and/or regulatory obligations including accounting and taxation requirements;
- Police, UK law enforcement agencies or other authorised bodies to prevent and/or detect crime;
- data analysis or direct marketing companies for purpose of providing you with relevant advertising or marketing and/or perform services on our behalf.
If you have (or had an account with us) or have purchased goods from us, unless you have opted not to receive them, we may send you marketing, advertising and promotional offers from us by email, telephone and postal services. We have a legitimate interest in sending you this marketing: to promote our products and services to our customers and to make sure you are aware of the best offers and deals available.
How to opt out of direct marketing
You ask us at any time to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by:
- Contacting us at https://alicemedia.co.uk/contact/
• click unsubscribe in any email communication we send you. Please note that our systems may take up to 14 working days to update after changing your preferences.
A ‘cookie’ is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Site, such as signing into your account;
- Analytical/performance cookies. These are cookies that allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily; and
- Functionality cookies. These cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Essential website cookies
These cookies are required in order for the website to function correctly. Without these, you would not be able to use any of the e-commerce features on the site. Served by Alice Media https://alicemedia.co.uk/contact/
Analytics & Tracking
These cookies gather information on how are our customers are using the site and the areas that are most important to them. This allows us to know where we need to improve the site.
These cookies enhance the website experience by integrating social media to allow users to share and like content that you find interesting on our site.
We do not currently use this type of cookies but this may change in the future, at which point this policy would be updated to reflect this change.
You may disable cookies by changing your browser cookie settings. Usually, these settings will be in the “options” or “preferences” menu of your browser. You can find more details in the “Help” section of your browser. If you do disable the cookies that we use you may not be able to enjoy all the features of our website.
Please note that if you communicate with us electronically, including by e-mail or telephone, this communication may be randomly monitored and/or recorded to protect the interests of our business and our customers. This is necessary for our legitimate interests: maintaining customer/ service quality standards, detection of and/ or prevention of crime and to ensure that our employees comply with legal obligations and our policies and procedures (including our customer relations practices).
We may provide hyperlinks from our Site to websites of other organizations including websites of associated companies. Please note that this Policy applies only to our website. We are neither responsible nor liable for the contents of linked websites or any transactions carried out with organizations operating those websites.
You have a right to request access to or rectification of your personal data which we hold about you. You also have a right ask us to erase your personal data, to restrict the processing of your personal data and the right to receive your personal data that you have provided to us and to transit such personal data to another data controller.
To make a request, please contact us at https://alicemedia.co.uk/contact/
To protect our customers’ Personal Information, we follow a strict storage and disclosure procedure, which means that we will require proof of identity from you prior to disclosing or forgetting such personal information.
If you think any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or email us, and we will correct or update any information as soon as possible.
If you are unhappy with our processing of your personal data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at any time. Please visit www.ico.org.uk for more information.
Please help us to keep your personal information current and accurate by contacting us at: https://alicemedia.co.uk/contact/
We use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access of your personal information. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and corporate policies to safeguard and secure the information we receive. However, as you may be aware, no data transmission over the internet can be entirely secure. As a result, while we will always use reasonable endeavours to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information and the use of our Site (including the e-mail facilities) is at your own risk.
Changes to this policy
As e-commerce horizons are changing at an ever-increasing rate, we request that you refer to our site on a regular basis to ensure that you are aware of our most recent Policies (including this Policy) and terms.